Tuesday 8 November 2011

A CUP OF TEA










My favourite drink is tea. I can't start the day without it. No coffee for me ever! I recently visited the heavenly Miller Harris tea room in Bruton street in London. The shop is filled with rare perfumes and scented candles. At the back of the emporium is a little tea room. I sampled Tea Petales which is refreshingly clean with hints of rose and geranium. I always think the tea drinking experience is so affected by the kind of cup you are drinking from and Miller Harris did not disappoint. The black and turquoise china was stunning and I had to find out where it was from. It turns out it is made by Branksome. Branksome China was founded in 1945 by Ernest Baggaley a gifted potter who learnt his craft in Stoke-On-Trent, my home town and the heart of the English ceramics industry. Ernest developed a special recipe to create a unique a unique porcelain, fine and light yet strong and durable. The recipe remains unchanged to this day.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh Tea Petales is my favorite. And High Tea of Highgate sells a small selection of Branksome China, which is surely a good excuse for another tea outing!

    K x

    ReplyDelete