Thursday 8 March 2012

DECAYING MANCHESTER










My job now takes me on trips to the north of England on a regular basis and I feel it is going to be a regular source of material for Teacup and Teasel. It strange going back there after having left this place over twenty five years ago. Manchester has changed hugely since I used to visit on shopping trips with my dear mother taking in the wonderful institution of Kendals. This fabulous emporium was also a shopping haunt of my grandmother who had rather expensive tastes. Today the city is full of new shiny buildings, shopping centres and loft apartments but you don't have to look too far to see the old Manchester still in decay but quite beautiful for it. The wonderful exterior to the Lower Turk's Head is covered in fabulous tiles probably made just a few miles away in the potteries. It is now closed and up for sale. Sadly no more pints to be pulled here.

1 comment:

  1. Already looking forward to more Manchester posts.

    K x

    ReplyDelete