Monday 14 September 2009

BEAUTIFUL CHANDELIERS


These wonderful chandeliers are the work of artist Madeline Boulesteix who I contacted tonight to ask if I could include her work here. She replied immediately and kindly gave her permission. Madeline started making chandeliers after finding about 40 facetted glass drops in a pile of rubbish. She now uses all sorts of objects in her work in particular kitchen items which she says "supplied so many useful forms, like circular metal objects - sometimes already with holes in". Madeline makes humble objects into pieces of exceptional beauty and brilliantly re-uses domestic items like pastry cutters, toast racks and spoons keeping them for posterity within her chandeliers. This takes re-cycling to a whole new level. One day soon I hope to have one of Madeline's pieces hanging above my head. See more of her work at http://www.madelineboulesteix.co.uk/

2 comments:

  1. I love how she makes use of all the different kitchen and dining bits. Ali and I saw a chandelier at the Museum of Childhood constructed of kitchen utensils, which was fab, but not nearly so elegant as these. I'll keep my fingers crossed you'll have one over your head very soon! K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there.
    Thanks so much for leaving that comment on my blog, and for introducing me to yours, where I hope to be a frequent visitor. I particularly like the hairy dog, as it so resembles one of mine - and was amazed to see that its creator, Domenica More Gordon, is someone I used to work with years ago on World of Interiors magazine.
    All good wishes, and good luck with this lovely blog.
    x Elspeth

    ReplyDelete